Audemars Piguet Code 11.59 Universelle RD4
So you want to know what is like a $1.5 million brand new watch? Inspired by AP’s L’Universelle, a 1899 ultra-complicated pocket watch, the Audemars Piguet Code 11.59 Universelle RD4 is what you were looking for.
Powered by the 1,155 component AP Calibre 1000 automatic movement, the RD4 has 40 functions, 23 complications and 17 technical devices like a realistic moon phase, several sounding chimes or a flying tourbillon.
- Minutes counter (semi-instantaneous)
- Hours counter (dragging)
- Flyback function
- Minute repeater (by pressing a pusher)
- Grande Sonnerie (mode)
- Petite Sonnerie (mode)
- Silence (mode)
- Quarters silence (regularization of the silence between the hours and minutes)
- Locking of automatic and manual activation when the barrel is insufficiently wound
- Automatic winding of the Grande Sonnerie barrel Supersonnerie
- Perpetual Calendar
- Date Display
- Day display
- Month display
- Moon phase display
- Year display
- Semi-Gregorian (automatic calendar until 2400)
- Accurate astronomical moon
- Automatic winding
All functions can be controlled via three pushers on the left side and three crowns on the right.
The unit is housed in 42mm case which is astoundingly only 15.5mm thick. It comes in various selections of gold, 18k white or pink gold, waterproofed to 20m. The crystal is sapphire and the caseback can be opened to enjoy a view of the impressive movement.
Four references in total are offered; black/silver dial white gold, beige/white dial white gold, skeleton dial white gold and skeleton dial pink gold. All of them finished with black alligator straps.